Full Time Position
A Safety Officer, also known as an Occupational Health and Safety Officer, is a key professional in the work environment. Safety Officers provide safety management, advice, monitoring and reporting in the workplace, and engage staff in programs that ensure safe practice in the workplace.
We are looking to employ a qualified and competent Safety Officer who will be responsible for the health and safety of staff in the workplace. The Safety Officer will compile safety programs and standardize them to remain consistent, as well as share best practice techniques at regular staff meetings.
To ensure success as a Safety Officer, you must stay updated with the latest trends in health and safety, and consistently implement these practices in the workplace. Ultimately, a top-notch Safety Officer will maintain compliance with all safety regulations and ensure that every member of staff complies with the regulated standards.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- Proven experience as safety officer
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- BSc/BA in safety management, engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
Why Choose Haisenberg
Haisenberg Management & Immigration Consulting services is one of the top recruitment and Immigration Company’s worldwide. And one of the legally licensed companies under global and local levels to offer consultancy services.
We are experts in the global search and selection industry – we work with professional and managerial talent worldwide. Every day we help business all around the world to find talent they need in order to drive their growth, profit and long term success.
Haisenberg for immigration provides distinguished and credible services which are designed especially for you and is characterized by confidentiality and specialty.
At Haisenberg Recruitment, we pride ourselves on our new old fashioned style of communication because we believe that it is the key to an effective recruitment service. Through a face to face meeting and telephone communication, we are able to build a strong understanding and relationship with the client which allows us to have a better knowledge of the job vacancy they are looking to fill, thus us being able to find the right person for the job.
Working outside of normal working hours allows us to arrange flexible interviews with candidates, enabling them to feel comfortable, distraction free and prepared which will ultimately benefit the employer. We hold telephone and Skype interviews before we pass the candidate over to be reviewed which allows us to get to know the candidate better. The client will also have a better insight into the potential employee before the face to face interview through the video CVs we support on our website.
We are the personal recruitment agency, and that means that personality matters. We choose candidates not just based on their ability to do the job and their skillset, but also on their personality and how well we think they would fit in with a company’s environment and ethos. We take the time to get to know the company and the client, and we carefully select the right person to fill the role based on every aspect.
We do not just work 9 - 5 like other recruitment agencies, we work out-of-office hours to make sure that we are always available when it is most convenient for the client. We work flexibly to suit you, meaning we can organise meetings or telephone calls before or after work if you would prefer.
We want to recruit the right person for the company’s job vacancy, and we help even further to do so by promoting your job vacancy on our national website and our social media channels including Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter. Remember, we do not charge you anything until we fill your vacancy.
At Haisenberg Recruitment, we always ensure we know exactly who we are speaking to when dealing with candidates. We run extensive background checks as part of the recruitment service and analyse criminal records to ensure the identity of the candidate at hand for the client’s peace of mind. You can be sure all of the candidates we put forward have had a clear background check and are who they say they are.